RE: Extensibility and Accreditation

2004-01-22 12:27:31
What receivers of email choose to consider worthy of accreditation
and/or reputation is up to them.  I see little or no value in the
sender claiming accreditation.  Such a claim is unlikely to change the
receivers opinion about what is trustworthy.

SPEWS demonstrates the impossibility of accrediting the whole world to an
acceptable standard. MAPS failled, they have all failled.

Receivers cannot check every accreditation service.

We are talking here about positive accreditation, not negative. Senders will
have relatively few accreditations, in most cases only one.

                Phill