Re: DNS load research

2005-03-20 21:36:28
Radu Hociung wrote:

Don't be so quick with what a loop is, can be, an how long
it can be.

It's elementary graph theory, I'm confident that I got the
idea.  The shortest cycle is A: include B, and B: include A.

Longer cycles are more expensive without any additional loop
detection, but for the discussed limits 10, 20, or 40 it's
IMHO unnecessary to mention this explicitly in the SPF draft.

A "wizard" or "validator" should get it before it's published.
Otherwise the PermErrors would convince the domain owner that
a cycle is never okay, no matter how long the cycle is.

The people involved with SPF that have the most expensive
records in the world.

Heh, "my" policy is fine, the one redirect= is only the side-
effect of some zone-cut and wildcard confusion.  You could of
course argue that a copy instead of a plain redirect is cheaper
for recipients.  OTOH the redirect= indicates that it's not
really "my" sender policy, it's only a wildcard vanity host.

                           Bye, Frank