[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2005 8:13 PM
Subject: [spf-discuss] spf cookbook
I'd like to get the "SPF Cookbook and Best Practices" document going.
Let's work on it here on spf-discuss, and if we need to move it to a
dedicated mailing list, we can later.
The kinds of things asked on spf-help is a good place to start, I
assume, someone on spf-help will have to confirm that. But rather than
Frequently Asked Questions, it might be better to start with, for a
cookbook format, Frequently Provided Answers.
To kick things off, here's a list of areas that I think we should
* creating a record from scratch for various kinds of setups
* how those default records can be modified to expand or restrict
* examples that show when compiling your record is going to be a
* instructions on deploying SPF checkers for the popular MTAs
* instructions on deploying SPF compilers for popular name servers
Some of these resources already exist, and we may just want to provide
pointers to them.
I'm offering to do the initial compilation, until it gets to such a
point that we can open it up to multiple authors. I will publish
whatever I have so we can work on it as a group. What I don't want to
do, at this point, is get bogged down in how we're going to maintain it
or what format it'll be in or whatever. We'll cross that bridge when we
come to it.
I can not do this myself, it should be a community effort. Your input
is welcome and appreciated.
Some work on this has already been done at http://www.spfhelp.com/