non-SPF domains with MX SPF domains

2005-07-02 15:36:03
How do you handle or what comment do you have about a domain that has no SPF
record, however, the MX host for this domain has a SPF record?

Example:

     mail domain:<xxxxxxx @ no-spf-domain.com >

No SPF domain for email domain.  But if you do a MX lookup, it has

        MX -->  mx.host.with-spf.com

and this mx has a SPF record?

I am wondering if there is a consideration or it makes sense to have a
"default MX" SPF lookup for the email domain?

Comments?

In the specific case where I saw this,  I don't think the SPF ip addresses
matche the sender IP address, but it was a relaxed policy.   The email
domain was amidatrust.com

http://www.santronics.com