Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:
I'm not saying "*" is a valid qualifier. I'm saying it seems
to me "*all" should be parsed as "<qualifier><word>",
No, that's backwards, you match "all", and then you say that
the "*" is wrong. If you match forward you get:
- SP "*all" => maybe "*all" is a <directive> or a <modifier>
- "*" is no <qualifier> => "*all" could be a <mechanism>
- "*all" is no <mechanism>, last chance, maybe a <modifier>
- neither <redirect> nor <explanation>, so maybe "*all" is
an <unknown-modifier> starting with <name> "="
- "*all" is no <name>, and there's also no "="
- "*all" is a syntax error, an invalid <term>
Matching is AFAIK left to right, but you tried right to left.
SPF Permanent Error: Unknown directive found: *all
IMHO an invalid <term>, not necessarily a bad <directive>, it
could be also a bad <modifier>.