Re: Explain please

2005-07-08 07:38:50
David,

I had resisted putting the actual information into the message and made your
domain name into the "domain(_at_)tld(_dot_)com" to mask your actual e-mail
address.

Since you are so h***-bent on not reading what people write, and refuse to
look at the facts, here's the ACTUAL TEXT from the FROM line of the message
as it is displayed by e-mail clients:

 "owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com; on behalf of; David
Woodhouse
[dwmw2(_at_)infradead(_dot_)org]".

A WHOIS confirms that the domain name of infradead.org is registered in your
name.

You might also want to take a look at:
http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=infradead.org as there
are problems with your DNS servers.

  Specifically:

FAIL: Mismatched glue ERROR: Your nameservers report glue that is different
from what the parent servers report. This will cause DNS servers to get
confused; some may go to the IP provided by the parent servers, while others
may get to the ones provided by your authoritative DNS servers. Problem
record(s) are:
ns2.infradead.org.:
   Parent server (tld6.ultradns.co.uk) says A record is 209.217.80.60, but
   authoritative DNS server (195.92.249.252) says it is 205.233.218.70
ns2.infradead.org.:
   Parent server (tld6.ultradns.co.uk) says A record is 209.217.80.60, but
   authoritative DNS server (213.146.154.40) says it is 205.233.218.70

  and:

WARN: No NS A records at nameservers WARNING: Your nameservers do not
include any corresponding A records when asked for your NS records. They
probably are not returning the A records when asked, which can prevent some
other DNS servers from contacting your DNS servers. They should do this if
they are authoritative for those A records. The problem record(s) are:
Nameserver 195.92.249.252 did not provide any IPs
Nameserver 213.146.154.40 did not provide any IPs

  and:

FAIL: All nameservers respond ERROR: Some of your nameservers listed at the
parent nameservers did not respond. The ones that did not respond are:

209.217.80.60

Note: If you are running a Watchguard Firebox with DNS Proxy enabled, there
may be a bug causing port numbers get mixed up -- if this is the case, you
can contact Watchguard to see if they have a fix.

  and:

FAIL Missing (stealth) nameservers FAIL: You have one or more missing
(stealth) nameservers. The following nameserver(s) are listed (at your
nameservers) as nameservers for your domain, but are not listed at the
parent nameservers (therefore, they may or may not get used, depending on
whether your DNS servers return them in the authority section for other
requests, per RFC2181 5.4.1). You need to make sure that these stealth
nameservers are working; if they are not responding, you may have serious
problems! The DNS Report will not query these servers, so you need to be
very careful that they are working properly.

ns0.infradead.org.
This is listed as an ERROR because there are some cases where nasty problems
can occur (if the TTLs vary from the NS records at the root servers and the
NS records point to your own domain, for example).

  and:

FAIL Stealth NS record leakage Your DNS servers leak stealth information in
non-NS requests:

Stealth nameservers are leaked [ns0.infradead.org.]!

This can cause some serious problems (especially if there is a TTL
discrepancy). If you must have stealth NS records (NS records listed at the
authoritative DNS servers, but not the parent DNS servers), you should make
sure that your DNS server does not leak the stealth NS records in response
to other queries.

In spite of all the problems listed below, and in spite of the fact that you
don't have an SPF record, we're still willing to accept your mail when you
sent it - even via the list.

Bruce Barnes
ChicagoNetTech Inc