Re: What to do about the SPF domain name

2005-07-31 13:02:25

Mark wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com [mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of wayne
Sent: zondag 31 juli 2005 20:29
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] What to do about the SPF domain name

That said, I don't think that the vote permanent binds us to the
decision. It has now been another half week and it appears that
nothing more has happened.

The official status of openspf.org, I believe, was declared contigent upon
transfer of the domain name ownership to the SPF property holder (wayne).
Although I still take James to be a man of his word, should transfer of
ownership not occur, then we cannot, and really should not, go with the
openspf.org domain name.

Everyone seems to be jumping around a lot on this issue - which is a bit odd when it took so long to get to making a decision at all. I spoke to James on IM the other day, and he gave no hint of anything other than pressure of work.

It is not essential that we declare the official domain name at this point - spf.pobox.com is already established and has been given over to our control, so we can build the new website and discuss content and all that stuff, and it will be visible, findable and workable for the interim.

The vote for openspf was very clear, and cannot, imho, be ignored without some serious reasons - like a statement from James saying that he won't release the .org version.

Slainte,
JohnP