Re: [spf-discuss] Fw: SRS vs BATV

2006-02-16 09:14:47
Craig Whitmore writes:
Quite a number of email servers use callbacks (Like exim) so BATV breaks
callsbacks. So I was thinking only reject (after data) is its a bounce and
it
actually contains data.

so
MAIL FROM: <>
RCPT TO: user(_at_)yourdomain(_dot_)com
QUIT
callback works (as its a call back and it had no data)

and
MAIL FROM: <>
RCPT TO: user(_at_)yourdomain(_dot_)com
DATA
.
(give reject as the rcpt is from <> AND its sent directly to a username AND
there is data_

It is not necessary to wait for the acual data and "." - you can
reject in response to the DATA command itself.

I do this with a sendmail check_data rule, which is called after the
DATA command is received but before the server responds to it.  The
only tricky part is knowing who the recipient is, because at this
point sendmail has not yet set $u, so I save the recipient in a macro
in Local_check_rcpt.

--
Dick St.Peters, stpeters(_at_)NetHeaven(_dot_)com