Re: [spf-discuss] Re: nobody @ xyzzy

2006-02-22 00:40:07
On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 02:12 -0500, John Kelly wrote:

If senders want to get their mail thru, they will comply.  They need
me more than I need them.

We could write an experimental RFC saying that mail should be rejected
if the length in characters of either the MAIL FROM's v=spf1 record, or
the PRA's spf2 record, is divisible by four.

(For instance, we could say in the experimental RFC that such a record
length that is divisible by four should be taken to mean that the domain
owner authorizes no email to be sent by his domain at all, and thus that
all such emails should be rejected.)

We could then say that if those senders who have such records that are
divisible by four want to get their mail through anyway, that they will
comply (by adjusting the length of those records), as they need us more
than we need them.

That would be just as unreasonable a stance as the one you propose.

I for one am not going to rewrite any records in order to have  those
who deliberately misinterpret them end up with answers that they find
more convenient.   Doing so is just as silly in your example as it would
be in my divisible-by-four one.

--
Mark Shewmaker
mark(_at_)primefactor(_dot_)com