xsl-list

RE: Running both Saxon and Xalan? (Was: Re: Saxon is the best!!!)

2003-02-21 09:06:13
Slightly off topic and this probably isn't quite what you're looking for but
I set up batch routines to run saxon and xalan. That way I can pass the
parameters in the order that I want and not worry about -IN etc.

e.g. saxon in.xml style.xsl out.xml
     xalan in.xml style.xsl out.xml

But I digress, the relevant part is that for saxon I adjust the classpath to
point to my saxon.jar, which does NOT reside anywhere in JAVA_HOME.

HTH

Wes

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of
Dimitre
Novatchev
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2003 9:37 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Running both Saxon and Xalan? (Was: Re: Saxon is the
best!!!)

Setting the system property javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory to
"com.icl.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl" (in the case of Saxon 6.5.2) also
ensures that Saxon rather than Xalan will be picked up.

Incidentally, this JAXP interface is a wonderful beast. I had a user
recently who was running Saxon from the Xalan command line...

It was me and I still don't know how to be able to run both Saxon and Xalan
from the comand line (without having to change classpath etc. inbetween).

I hope someone would help solve this problem?

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.