xsl-list

Re: Reference to variable cannot be resolved.

2003-02-14 10:18:31
<xsl:template match="/">
  <xsl:variable name="x" select="1"/>
  <xsl:variable name="x" select="$x+1"/>
  <xsl:value-of select="$x"/>
</xsl:template>

Um, I think that's legal in XSLT 2.0. What makes you think that it
isn't?

I think that the argument for allowing shadowing of local variables
was that it allows those unimaginative programmers who can only think
of the one variable name (you know who I'm talking about, David C.)
reuse that variable name while carrying out several steps of
processing on the same value, precisely as you have above.

Jeni,

I am sure that if you were designing your own language you'd never
allow such a practice.

Neither would I.

=====
Cheers,