xsl-list

RE: is XSLT 2.0 implementable? (was: N : M transformation)

2003-02-04 12:41:54

Actually, as we get closer to finishing, I'm getting more and more
convinced that people will find the stronger typing useful, although I
was very sceptical when we started. Yes, XML Schema is a pig, but it
turns out you can live with it if you avoid looking at it too closely,
and that is what large numbers of people are in fact doing.

Now one of the things that guides me is the desire to constantly improve
myself as a programmer (which shouldn't be too hard to do) and the
working theory I was following on this course of self-improvement was to
try as much as possible to understand the constituent parts of what I
was working with (which is getting harder and harder to do instead of
easier), although my attempts at understanding no doubt have led to many
a dim-witted misstep and post on this self-same list.

I see from the statement at the top of this email's body that my theory
was wrong, in the eventuality of having to work with XSDL.
This is of course a great relief to me as I have fallen prey to such an
eventuality in the past and concluded from too close a perusal of the
language that XSD was a pig; a great worriment to me as I was taught
that SOP, swine-oriented programming, was architecturally unsound.

Of course it could be in a year that I have to eat my words, and
publicly admit ham to be a tasty food product.