I've reworked my code to remove the xsl code from the MS data island, put my
data into a data island by itself and used the document() function. This is
working better. Lesson1: Microsoft IE6 doesn't seem to handle mixing data
and xml in the xsl island when using transformnode. Lesson 2: There is a
bug in the xml spy 5.0 xsl processor. My new solution is to apply-templates
to a document(file). The xml spy debugger would transform the first node
and then crash. I spent a day trying to get it to work thinking to myself
the whole time "... what am I doing wrong? ...". The 5.3 release fixed the
bug. (I'm actually very happy with xml spy).
From: "Joe Meree" <jmeree1(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>
Subject: [xsl] embedded xslt with xsl:include crashes IE6 browser
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 21:46:28 -0500
Vendor URL: http://www.microsoft.com
I am having a problem trying to embed an xsl:stylesheet in an XML data
island and then use transformnode to render the page.
The problem seems to be with the xsl:include statement. If I put the
stylesheet into a separate file and use <XML ... src="file.xstl" > instead,
it works. If I embed the xsl:stylesheet in the <XML> tag on the html page,
the browser (IE6) crashes when I launch the page from the local file
system. If I use a relative url for the xsl:include, the browser says "The
system cannot locate the object specified". If I use an absolute url (like
the example below), the browser crashes when I launch the html file.
MSN 8 helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*.
XSL-List info and archive: http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list