xsl-list

RE: Re: Grouping problem?

2003-04-23 00:41:52
I would guess that this recursive solution would be quicker
(for documents larger than a certain size), but on the other
hand perhaps it could produce stack-overflow problems on
really large documents? As I understand it, using
tail-recursion is supposed to allow the XSLT interpreter to
optimise the recursion by converting to it a loop, without
pushing stack frames ... but I don't know how many processors
actually implement this? Does anyone know? Is my code below
appropriate for this kind of optimisation?

Saxon will optimize the tail-recursion in this example.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com