xsl-list

RE: Reusing XPath statements (defining once and only once)

2003-04-20 03:15:28
What XSL processor were you using?

I been thinking that perhaps your XSL processor is one that
allows the
"illegal" construct but discarded the erroneous attributes later when
the result tree was serialized.

It's an error to add attributes to an element after adding child nodes
to the element; the processor can either signal the error or ignore the
attribute. Saxon signals the error.

Am I off the mark here?  Perhaps Mike can explain if Saxon's
behavior is
instead in error. (Also why the trace output does not have a matching
start tag for the "trace" end tag?!)

I see a matching start and end tag...

Michael Kay