xsl-list

RE: step-by-step work instructions -- recursive apply-templ ates to cr eate html table

2003-04-09 12:00:20
Hi

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Kathy Burke
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2003 7:40 PM
To: 'xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com'
Subject: RE: [xsl] step-by-step work instructions --
recursive apply-templ ates to cr eate html table

Americo,

This is really nice...once I figure out how to get the text
in the steps and include the other para subelements...

For my learning purposes...would you mind explaining what
these two lines do?

   <xsl:variable name="space" select="(count(ancestor::step)
* 13 + 1) * 7"/>
This sets sets the space variable so I can set the width used in the table.
It is what makes the format
It is used later like this:

(...)
    <xsl:number level="multiple" count="step" format="1.1"/>
(...)

   <xsl:if test="not(ancestor::step)">
In your example you have:
1.
   1.1
This tests if the current step is the first ancestor so I can add the extra
'.'
If you don't want this you can remove this line

Thanks again.

Your welcome :)