The Saxon.NET team announces Saxon.NET BETA v 0.4!
The Saxon.NET effort brings Saxon's superior functionality regarding XSLT
1.0 / 2.0, XPath 1.0 / 2.0, and XQuery 1.0 to developers of the .NET
Framework. Note that the build hasn't been tested thoroughly yet, but that
first test results in the XSLT 2.0 area show positive results. We invite you
all to try it, and if you have any Qs, send them to
Some fairly significant updates are a part of this build:
- No more need to precede everything with "file:" and complete support using
the -o option.
- There are some other minor tweaks in the source code as we used a stub
version of the ikvm.gnu.classpath.dll to build the source against which
caused some incompatibilities.
- All in all its quite a bit faster and is exact to the usage of its Saxon
- We also compiled a manifest with the jar that defaults the command line to
- By using the -t option we will be able to utlize this to do side by side
"time trials" to showcase whether using the .NET exe or the Java VM is
- It's the exact same code base (after compiling the jar we then built the
dll from that jar) so it will be a "fair" comparison.
See for yourself - try it here:
Main Home Page link:
The Saxon.NET team