xsl-list

[xsl] Re: Behavior of document() Function with Empty String

2006-12-20 15:46:45
I can't figure out how to work around this problem
without hardcoding absolute paths or having two
sets of stylesheets with different relative paths.

The best answer is not to use document('') at all.
There's really no good reason to use it. Put the data
that you want to use at run-time in a separate
lookup.xml file, and load that from your stylesheet
instead. You'll still have to solve the problem
of how to address it in a way that works in different
configurations, but that problem should be soluble,
e.g. by using a URIResolver if there's no other way.

Yes, using document() with the empty string isn't really the only issue.  I
still have the same problem with relative paths to external documents.  So a
URIResolver may be my only way, if I can't figure out why Java 5.0 and my
web server deal with the relative paths differently.

--
Roger L. Cauvin
r o g e r @ c a u v i n . o r g