xsl-list

[xsl] COCOMO project cost metrics for Saxon and XQilla

2010-02-02 08:57:58
Hi all,

Having just happened across these COCOMO metrics*** on Ohloh for Saxon and XQilla XSLT/XQuery/XPath products/projects, I thought the list might be interested in the "bean count" estimates assuming a developer salary of $55000 p.a. to write these projects
from scratch.

*** http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COCOMO

For Saxon (and presumably this just the Open Source Non-SA codebase)

http://www.ohloh.net/p/saxon

50 Person Years  $ 2,743,467

And for XQilla

http://www.ohloh.net/p/xqilla

35 Person Years  $ 1,899,031

Obviously it's anyone's guess if there's more than zero significant digits in the $ values let alone 7 digits! Actually I stumbled across the XQilla page first and, given the friendly URL, took a stab at seeing if Saxon was there too. And it was!

Any comments, people?

Cheers,
Justin Johansson