xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Sebastian Rahtz

2016-03-16 15:12:47
RIP Sebastian.

I first met Sebastian went he invited me to give a lecture on XML and
eXist and tutorial at Oxford University. I was young at that time and
it was my first visit to Oxford University; I was nervous, but
Sebastian made me feel very at ease :-)

On 16 March 2016 at 16:00, David Carlisle
d(_dot_)p(_dot_)carlisle(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com
I am sorry to report that Sebastian Rahtz has died after illness.

I have known Sebastian since the early 1990s, first via TeX and then
XML and XSL. He was an early member of this list, posting in 1998. He
produced one of the first XSL-FO implementations, passivetex. Any of
you using TEI will be aware of his work in that field  over several
years and his development of the XSLT support for TEI.

He will be missed in many communities.

David

https://twitter.com/jamescummings/status/709909284457467904

--