dkim-dev

[dkim-dev] DKIM Interoperability Testing Event query

2007-08-03 16:24:04
Folks,

Although there are useful online addresses for DKIM developers to test
against, it is usually extremely helpful to get early developers into the same
room, for a brief, intense interoperability testing event.

The efficiency of doing interop testing with folks in the same room is usually
huge.  Getting acquainted with your DKIM development compatriots is also
extremely helpful for on-going efforts to make a new Internet service work sell.

The current thinking is to target an event for roughly the middle of October,
in Dallas.  Given it's location, we could start at 2pm and go through late
afternoon the next day.  This would give roughly 2 full
working days of effort, with only 1 night of travel.  Alt-N has kindly offered
use of its facilities, near the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport.

An event like this is primarily an engineering event.  Only engineers may
prticipate.  In fact, participants are expected to promise not to make
information about other participants public.  Typically interop events do a
small amount of publicity, which says that the event took place, who
participated, and some sort of comment about what was learned and/or
accomplished.

What we are looking for, at this point, is an initial expression of interest
in attending and an indication of dates that would be preferred.  Please
respond to me privately, so that we can move discussion about the activity to
a separate list.

Thanks!

d/
--