dkim-dev

Re: [dkim-dev] Having trouble with FWS in the DKIM header

2008-06-22 12:17:32
Alec H. Peterson wrote:
When using the simple header canonicalization algorithm you can't
re-fold the DKIM header, because FWS is part of the signature.  The
header must be included in the message exactly as it was signed.  The
one exception is within the 'b' tag because that's zero'ed out before
validation, so you can fold that without requiring a WSP character to
be present.

If you instead use the relaxed canonicalization algorithm, then you
can fold the header on any WSP character, since the relaxed algorithm
deals with that, again except for the 'b' tag as I mentioned above.

OK, that you.  As a related question, is there any reason to worry about
including such a long header?  An unfolded DKIM-Signature is about 500
characters.  Should I use relaxed for compatibility?

Jeff