dkim-dev

Re: [dkim-dev] dkim and email list software - adsp

2009-09-30 09:09:13
Hello!

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 10:21:12PM -0700, Jim Fenton wrote:
[...]

The 'discardable' practice is intended only for transactional domains
and similar domains having very restricted usage patterns.  A
'discardable' domain probably has no business using mailing lists; many
of their messages would/should not be delivered.  I hadn't considered
the possibility of the mailing list manager software checking ADSP and
rejecting subscription requests if the subscriber domain publishes
'discardable', that might be an interesting idea although of course many
subscribers don't ever send anything to the lists anyway.

Another consideration is that the sender domain might introduce such a
policy *after* some users *have* already subscribed to mailing lists.
Those wouldn't be "caught" by such a mailing list manager. And
unsubscribing them later (instead of rejecting a subscription in the
first place), e.g. by periodically re-checking, or re-checking on mail
submissions, would in my eyes be a surprising effect.

[...]

Kind regards,

Hannah.