Re: [dkim-ops] Two-part DNS again

2008-11-06 13:11:22
John Levine wrote:
I didn't see any responses to my note suggesting that DKIM verifiers
appear to have trouble when a DNS TXT record consists of more than
one chunk of text.  I figure I should do some experiements, but to
avoid duplication, is anyone, anywhere, aware of any DKIM tests that
looked at this issue, ever?

I get the impression the answer is no, you get whatever the local DNS
library gives you.

I've never seen TXT fragmentation done by the DNS at its discretion.
It's always based on fragmentation in the zone file, i.e. what the user
did.  Invalid fragmentation (i.e. fragments over 255 bytes) has caused
the zone to fail to load altogether, though often with a cryptic error
message in the log.  So I'm not sure it's at all implementation-specific.

What's the goal of the experiment?