Re: [dkim-ops] question on DNS

2009-03-05 00:33:33
At 08:41 04-03-2009, Mark Brumbaugh wrote:
We plan to implement DKIM signing on outbound mail.  We want to tell
our DNS support what changes they need to make.

Also,  we have generated a 1024-byte private key like this:

 primary._domainkey.prudential.com. IN TXT "v=DKIM1; t=y;

How must keys be updated in DNS to sign for other domains we send from?

If you are going to DKIM sign for several domains, you have to
determine whether you will be using the same private key to sign or
different ones.  If it is the same private key, you can ask for a TXT
RR for primary._domainkey.prudential.com and point CNAMEs to that RR
for the other domains.

Regards,
-sm