Re: [dkim-ops] Bogus DKIM signatures?

2009-06-03 02:33:50
Hi Jim,
At 21:12 02-06-2009, Jim Fenton wrote:
I heard two reports today of DKIM-signed spam being received by GMail
users, and got a sample from one of them.  The message, from an IP
address in Romania, had an obviously-doctored DKIM signature.  They took
a yahoo.com signature from late April and changed the d= to mahoo.dom .
Same with the DK signature.

I have seen cases where people take a DKIM signature, change some of
the contents and add the modified DKIM signature to another
message.  I forgot whether that also happened for DK signatures.

Anyone else seeing anything like this?  I'm wondering why they think
this might be a useful thing to do.

Because Gmail accepts your message if it contains a DKIM header.
:-)  That's what some people seem to think anyway.

Regards,
-sm