[dkim-ops] Shared email hosting DKIM signing best-practices

2010-04-27 10:09:55
Hi,

I have a setup here where there are a bunch of boxes that host email
for several domains. A shared email hosting basically.
I want some insight on the pros and cons of

a. having a single whitelisted domain in the "d" tag of the signatures:
All my outgoing mail (regardless of which domain it's from is signed
with the same "d" tag)
abc(_at_)pqr(_dot_)org d=whitelabel.mailserver.com
lmn(_at_)xyz(_dot_)net d=whitelabel.mailserver.com

(simpler DNS TXT RR management?)

vs.

b. having emails signed with the corresponding "d" tags
abc(_at_)pqr(_dot_)org d=pqr.org
lmn(_at_)xyz(_dot_)net d=xyz.net

(helps if the pqr.org wants to migrate to a different email service provider?)

Also, in case (a), would designating a separate "s" tag for each
domain make a difference to my domain (whitelabel.mailserver.com) 's
reputation with someone like Return-Path?

I'm concerned about my subnet's reputation. There could be abusive
domains hosted with me and I intend to take suspend it the moment I
get the right feedback via the FBL.

Naresh V