Re: [dkim-ops] [Q] _adsp._domainkey.klunky.co.uk - is this correct, and should I use it

2011-02-10 06:17:37
* John Levine <johnl(_at_)taugh(_dot_)com>:
However, I did not know about the _adsp_ record.  I know that
dkim-filter will look for this.

    i) Should I add one.

Unless your name is Paypal, please don't.

ADSP is debatably of some use for the elite group of senders whose
domains are widely forged, and whose recipients are likely to suffer a
significant loss if they're fooled by the forgeries.  For the other
99.999% of senders, it's just a way to ensure that some of your real
mail is thrown away.

I must have missed that dicussion and its not obvious to me why one would
loose mail if an ADSP policy is in use. I don't want to run the discussion
about this all over the list or any other list again. Do you happen to know a
posting or URL that sums "Why one should not use ADSP" up?

  p@rick

--
state of mind
Digitale Kommunikation

http://www.state-of-mind.de

Franziskanerstraße 15      Telefon +49 89 3090 4664
81669 München              Telefax +49 89 3090 4666