[dkim-ops] DKIM Domain Validation

2012-03-09 14:23:03
Could someone please tell me which domain name DKIM validates?  Is it the
Author's domain name (the address that the recipient clearly sees at the top of
the email. Eg.
john(_at_)example(_dot_)com<mailto:john(_at_)example(_dot_)com>), or the
Sender's domain name (the address that is seen when the email's headers are
viewed. Eg.
mail(_at_)somedomain(_dot_)com<mailto:mail(_at_)somedomain(_dot_)com>).  After
much reading I believe it validates the Sender's domain name (and Author domain
name validation can be done using a ADSP - Author Domain Signing Practices).

Thank you.

-Anthony