[dkim-ops] Question about OpenDKIM 2.10.3 "SSL"

2018-05-31 17:01:58
Hello,

I have a basic question regarding OpenDKIM 2.10.3 output in syslogd.  I am
posting here as OpenDKIM mailing lists appear to still be offline.

When a message is verified via OpenDKIM, I note output similar to the following:

   May 31 17:25:03 server opendkim[1234]: 809EB8DEB9: s=mail d=example.com SSL

As SSL is not used as per the DKIM RFC, does the SSL at the end simply mean
that the DKIM signature was validated using OpenSSL library functions ?

Thanks,

- J