2.00 Jul 16, 2005
(Earl Hood, earl<AT>earlhood<DOT>com)
This is the first non-beta release of the rewrite of dtdparse
0.97. The following highlights changes from beta releases:
- The package root namespace has changed from XML:: to
SGML::. This was mainly done to avoid conflicts and confusion
with numerous XML:: modules on CPAN (including the closely
named XML::DTDParser). Also, DTDParse does support SGML DTDs
and XML is a formal subset of SGML, so using SGML:: seems
- The release contains several bug fixes from last beta release
along with added documentation: POD has been added for all
scripts and a general overview documentation is provided via
the meta-module SGML::DTDParse.
Documentation is still needed for the main modules.
- A new script, dtddiff (along with dtddiff2html) has been
added that performs a context-like diff between two parsed
- dtdparse script modified to behave more like common Unix
programs with respect to input and output. If no DTD
filename is provided on the command-line, the DTD will
be read from standard-input. If --output is not specified,
then XML output is sent to standard-out. This change
allows dtdparse to be used in a command pipeline.
- Files have been reorganized to facilitate installation via
Perl's standard installation process. See README for details.
- Version numbering modified to match style used by Perl modules:
2.0.0 => 2.00.
- DTDParse is now distributed under the Artistic License
or the GNU General Public License. See README, Artistic,
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Primary maintenance of DTDParse has been transitioned from
Norman Walsh to Earl Hood.