Bug report

2001-01-15 07:59:21
Hi,

I have found a problem in the parse_received function in driver.c .
I am using Fetchmail in multi-drop mode, so I have to parse the message
headers to find a valid email address after the "for" word.

But it does not work with all the headers. Here is an example:

fetchmail: analyzing Received line:
 by gazelle.boximedia.com (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id OAA00082
 for < sgallego(_at_)mxmlab(_dot_)com>; Sun, 31 Dec 2000 14:00:37 GMT
fetchmail: line accepted, gazelle.boximedia.com is an alias of the
mailserver
fetchmail: no Received address found

The problem comes from the blank character between the "<" and the address.

This is the part of the parse_received function that should be changed :
  /* extract space-delimited token after "for" */
  for (sp = ok + 3; isspace(*sp); sp++)
      continue;
  tp = rbuf;
  for (; !isspace(*sp); sp++)
      *tp++ = *sp;

If the first non-blank character following "for" is "<", the function should
look for the ">" character, even if there is a space.

What do you think about this ?

Thanks,

Jean-Claude Repetto