Re: "Cannot find -lcrypto" message when compile fetchmail

2001-01-30 02:44:01
Hi Rob,

How do I know if I am using SSL?

I use "./configure" command only.

Best Regards,
Clarence Lim

----- Original Message -----
From: Rob MacGregor <rob_macgregor(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>
To: <clarencelim(_at_)email(_dot_)com>;
<fetchmail-friends(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2001 4:55 PM
Subject: Re: "Cannot find -lcrypto" message when compile fetchmail

From: "Clarence" <clarencelim(_at_)email(_dot_)com>
Hi,

I am a newbie to linux and fetchmail.
I have just downloaded the Tarball, "fetchmail-5.6.0.tar.gz" and trying
install it on my Redhat Linux 6.1
I log in as a root, and execute "tar xzf fetchmail-5.6.0.tar.gz" and a
"fetchmail-5.6.0" folder and files are unzip from it.
Next, I follow the "install" document to use the "./configure",
everything
works fine.

Then, I use "make" command which process a while. At the end of the
process, it stated:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcrypto
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [fetchmail] Error 1

Sounds like you've configured with SSL.  What command line did you use
with
configure?

Rob