Re: Fetchmail 5.6.0 build error, pls help me

2001-01-31 02:09:40
"Clarence" <clarencelim(_at_)email(_dot_)com> writes:

Hi All,

I am a newbie to linux and fetchmail.
I have just downloaded the Tarball, "fetchmail-5.6.0.tar.gz" and trying to
install it on my Redhat Linux 6.1
I log in as a root, and execute "tar xzf fetchmail-5.6.0.tar.gz" and a
"fetchmail-5.6.0" folder and files are unzip from it.
Next, I follow the "install" document to use the "./configure", everything
works fine.

Then, I use "make" command which process a while. At the end of the process,
it stated:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lcrypto
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [fetchmail] Error 1

Are you giving any options to configure?  Looks like you might be
trying to compile in Kerberos support and don't have all the
libraries.  Could also be SSL or (maybe) APOP support.

./configure --with-kerberos=no --with-ssl=no looks like it might do
it, although I can never really figure out these configure scripts.

Good luck,

------ScottG.