Re: kpop with old pop servers

2001-03-02 13:49:48
On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Matthew Gabeler-Lee wrote:

Someone using an older version of fetchmail (5.1.0) had success and had
verbose output looking like this:

fetchmail: POP3< +OK UCB Pop server (version 1.7-CWRU) at rabbit
starting at Fri Feb 23 03:48:26 2001.
fetchmail: POP3> USER *
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Send dummy password for bgo.
fetchmail: POP3> PASS *
fetchmail: POP3< +OK bgo has 0 message(s) (0 octets).
fetchmail: POP3> STAT
fetchmail: POP3< +OK 0 0
fetchmail: No mail for bgo at rabbit.INS.cwru.edu
fetchmail: POP3> QUIT
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Pop server at rabbit signing off.
fetchmail: normal termination, status 1

Is it possible to disable use of the AUTH command?

To reply to myself ...
If I comment out the code between the kerberos ifdef in pop3.c at about
line 246, I get the desired result above.  So little me who knows very
little about kerberos/kpop wonders what kind of authentication I am or
am not getting this way.

--
        -Matt

Indecision is the true basis for flexibility.