Re: [fetchmail]fetchmail 5.7.4: build problems continue

2001-03-14 14:16:25
Steve VanDevender <stevev(_at_)efn(_dot_)org>:
It looks like this may be an interaction between the libc5 headers and
the Linux kernel headers (I have 2.2.19pre16).  This error appears when
compiling ipv6-connect.c:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/local/share/locale\" -c  -I. -I.
-I../intl -I./intl -I/usr/local/ssl/include -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer
-fno-strength-reduce -m486 -malign-jumps=2 -malign-loops=2
-malign-functions=2 -pipe ipv6-connect.c
ipv6-connect.c: In function `sa_len':
ipv6-connect.c:36: sizeof applied to an incomplete type
make: *** [ipv6-connect.o] Error 1

It looks like the libc5 kernel headers manage to pull in enough to get
AF_INET6 defined (from linux/socket.h) but not struck sockaddr_in6
(which is defined in linux/in6.h, which is not included via
sys/socket.h).

Perhaps the #ifdef AF_INET6 checks should be wrapped in #ifdef
INET6_ENABLE?  It actually looks like configure is doing the right thing
here, as config.h contains:

/* Define if you want IPv6 support compiled in */
/* #undef INET6_ENABLE */

I have patched ipv6-connect.c for 5.7.5 to deal with this case properly.
--

I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the
Constitution which grant[s] a right to Congress of expending, on