Re: [fetchmail]Fetchmail oddity

2001-04-02 10:50:05
Jonas Petersson <Jonas(_dot_)Petersson(_at_)adcore(_dot_)com>:
1. Netscape 4.7x mailer puts a "Sender: zap" line among the headers.
2. This header is intact on the Exchange server.
3. At some stage during fetchmails operation it is transformed to
"Sender: zap(_at_)192(_dot_)168(_dot_)1(_dot_)136" (this is the IP address of
the SMTP server).
4. Fetchmail seems to think this is more important than any "From: "
line and so uses it for in the SMTP delivery...
5. Therefore it is trapped as spam!

My workaround: I hacked fetchmail to ignore the "Sender: " line for now
(just commented out lines 784+785 from driver.c). I'm sure there is a
more elegant solution. Opinions?

The correct fix is to use a mailer that doesn't insert bogus Sender
headers into your mail.
--

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.  Suspect every one
who approaches that jewel.  Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it