[fetchmail]Re: Solaris 2.5.1 build problem with fetchmail 5.8.0

2001-04-02 16:45:07
Hello, there.

I have seen this build problem since the 5.7.5 version of fetchmail.
Ther problem is that in Solaris 2.5.1, these symbols are defined in
/usr/lib/libintl.so, rather than /usr/lib/libc, as in later versions of
Solaris.  Therefore, the load line for Solaris 2.5.1 needs to have
"-lintl" added to it.

Before 5.7.5, builds went fine.

/ken

-----------------------  Begin forwarded message  -----------------------

I tried building this latest spin, but came across the following problem
again.

(Solaris 2.5.1 with gcc 2.95.3)
(Note that all 3 symbols are defined in /usr/lib/libintl.so.)

I was able to make it link by adding -lintl to the final gcc command.

/ken

... <normal configure and compile of the .o files>

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -DLOCALEDIR=\"/export/local-SunOS-5.x-sun4/share/locale\"
-c  -I. -I. -I../intl -I./intl  -O getopt1.c
gcc   rcfile_y.o rcfile_l.o socket.o getpass.o pop2.o pop3.o imap.o etrn.o
odmr.o fetchmail.o idle.o env.o options.o daemon.o driver.o sink.o rfc822.o
smtp.o xmalloc.o uid.o mxget.o md5ify.o cram.o kerberos.o gssapi.o opie.o rpa.o
interface.o netrc.o base64.o error.o unmime.o conf.o checkalias.o smbdes.o
smbencrypt.o smbmd4.o smbutil.o ipv6-connect.o lock.o  getopt.o getopt1.o
-lnsl -lsocket  -lresolv   -o fetchmail
bindtextdomain                      fetchmail.o  (symbol belongs to implicit
dependency /usr/lib/libintl.so.1)
gettext                             rcfile_y.o  (symbol belongs to implicit
dependency /usr/lib/libintl.so.1)
textdomain                          fetchmail.o  (symbol belongs to implicit
dependency /usr/lib/libintl.so.1)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to fetchmail
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [fetchmail] Error 1
zr /usr/testsw/fetchmail-5.7.5>