[fetchmail]fetchmail 5.8.0 flaw

2001-04-17 06:28:01
Hello everyone,

I think I've found a minor bug in fetchmail 5.8.0:
According to the man page, "aka" names are matched as suffixes. This is
true, though, only if dns is enabled. The "no dns" option disables
suffix matches as well, which I consider a bug. The reason is obvious
in the source of the "is_host_alias" function: The dns option check
(checkalias.c lines 126/127) is done before the suffix match.
If this behaviour is intentional, IMHO it should be documented in the
FAQ (questions M1, M4, or M7). But I don't think the current state
makes sense as the "aka" keyword is for avoiding dns lookups.

Please Cc: any comments to me, as I'm not a member of this mailing list.

        Johannes Stille