[fetchmail]Newbie Needs Help

2001-04-26 23:04:20
Hello.

I am attempting to set up a mail server on my home network. I use SuSe 6.4, and have somehow managed to get sendmail working (I can send email from the test account to any outside address), but fetchmail is whupping me. I use Webmin (used it to set up sendmail successfully), so downloaded a fetchmail module. I still cannot get fetchmail to get mail via my Coyote server (I use pop3 via a dialup server called Coyote) from my isp.

Is there a good document I can download that will explain how to set fetchmail up? My long-term intentions are to have a Linux box (SuSe) collect and store all the mail for my family (there are five accounts on the isp), which we can pickup locally with our preferred email client. Then, I would like the same thing to happen in reverse. Eventually, I would like mail from one of us to another family member to NOT hit the iisp at all, but be delivered locally. Ulitmately this will enable me to do something similar for the small network at my work, but home is the testbed.

Thanks for any help!

Regards, Jim Darrough

Jim Darrough, ARS KI7AY
jed(_at_)clipper(_dot_)net