Re: [fetchmail]Newbie Needs Help

2001-05-01 11:15:55
Not an expert here (use RH and exim) but I can give some advice in no
particular order.

Exim has a facility to declare some domains as local ( I am fairly sure
you can define users as well) which stops them getting sent via the web.
I would imagine that sendmail has something similar

As regards fetchmail you need something like this in yor .fetchmailrc

poll 208.55.225.118  proto pop3 nodns localdomains 'domain1' 'domain2'
user "ISP user name" password XXXXXX is * here;

note the asterisk

I also have the following defaults

defaults timeout 900 set postmaster mailpoll(_at_)mail1 set no bouncemail set
invisible:

The local domains are so fetchmail knows in its rewriting which domains
are yours

Then obviously you need to set up users on the Unix box

Alternately you can setup seperate lines for each account replacing the
* with the name.

One wrinkle certain isps have certin idiosycracies with their pop
servers (demon in UK for one)

But this should work