[fetchmail]Re: Fetchmail is really slow

2001-05-29 10:31:23
Oops!  Never mind, it turns out it was the server after all.  I didn't realize
that fetchmail defaulted to IMAP until I ran it with -v.  When I switched to
POP3, it started to zoom!  Guess the IMAP server (IMail) doesn't work well with
inboxes with 10,000 messages!

Jen

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: jennyw
  To: fetchmail-friends(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org
  Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2001 10:24 AM
  Subject: Fetchmail is really slow

  I'm currently fetching mail from a POP server, and fetchmail is taking almost
a minute to download each message. Just to test to see if it was the server or
not, I stopped fetchmail and then switched to another computer and tried
downloading messages using Outlook Express.  OE downloads much faster -- a
second or two for each message.

  I'm running fetchmail like this:

  fetchmail -a server.com -u user

  There are a little more than 10,000 messages in this particular account.  Any
suggestions on what I might be doing wrong, or how to speed up fetchmail?
Thanks!

  Jen