[fetchmail]Matthias Andree's Postfix bug report

2001-07-06 01:34:07
On 4 Jun Matthias Andree wrote:
To me, it looks like fetchmail intersperses the output of two separate SMTP
sessions it keeps:

reporting an obscure bug with Postfix that can be worked around by
configuring Postfix to "smtpd_delay_reject = no".

Matthias's bug report has been sitting in my mailbox for a month now,
making my brain hurt whenever I looked at it and tried to grok what
was actually going on there.

But I think Paul Howarth has now dispelled the mystery. Postfix
behaves by default roughly in the way fetchmail behaves with
FEATURE(delay_checks, friend).  In both cases, we need to handle bad
SMTP listeners to RCPT TO without resetting the connection.

Matthias?  Paul? Any comment?