[fetchmail]Fetchmail not sending any packets at all

2001-07-12 06:08:13
Hi.

I'm trying to get fetchmail (I've tried 5.8.0 and 5.8.13) up and running over
my ppp0 interface.  When I use fetchmailconf however and ask it to probe my
mail server (to see if it can see it) it *immediately* claims not to be able to
see anything there.  Using ifconfig I can see that there has been no TX or RX
packets on any interface.  I know fetchmail needs BSD Ports so is there
anything I particularly need enabled in my linux kernel (2.4.6)?

I know I can see the server as telnetting to mail.ukservers.net on port 110
gives me access to the usual pop stuff.  If I ignore the fact that
fetchmailconf can't see the server and configure properly anyways, when I run
fetchmail itself, it *still* can't do anything, complaining about not being
able to see anything on the server.  Can anyone help with this?

Thanks

Mark