[fetchmail]local and remote mail accounts

2001-07-17 21:37:33
Hi People

I have a situation where users have two mail accounts. One in Australia and
one in the States.

Most users use the address in the States on return addresses etc, even though
they may only need to send the email next door.

Using sendmail and the virtualusertable we can stop these heading across the
world but means that legitimate addresses in the states fail.

I was hoping that fetchmail/procmail/sendmail could provide a solution by
dropping all mail that does not match any of the virtualusertable entries
into a special account (called "forwarder") which is able to send any mail
off the the external mail server for normail delivery.

I am not sure if what I have read in the man pages etc. really imply that I
can do this.

Any help is much appreciated.

Michael.

--

Michael Piko
Network Administrator

Level 1, 493 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004
Tel: 61 3 9243 2385     Fax: 61 3 9820 2010    Mob: 0419 884 153
pikom(_at_)cpgen(_dot_)cpg(_dot_)com(_dot_)au