[fetchmail]I have this great idea. Will you add it?

2001-07-28 14:58:25
Hi,
        Some people can't afford to delete the messages off their POP3
server, because there are other readers of the mailbox, in windows for
example. So they have to leave the "keep" option on. The problem is that
as of now "keep" is obviously not intended to be used  regularly because
the program downloads all mail that is in the mailbox everytime.
        So I was thinking that maybe you'd be willing to add some sort of
mechanism to remember which messages have been downloaded and not download
them again unless specifically asked. Maybe in  a file which would keep
all the ?headers? of download messages and then check off the ones on the
server to see which ones match. Then when this file got to big a warning
is issued to the user or an automatic purging of the file could be done.
        Hopefully adding something like this (at least for POP3 ) does not
slow down the proccess to much.
        If somehow I could achieve the same effect using current fetchmail
or something else, could you point me in the direction.

        Thanks for your time,
                        Charles Diaz-Alejandro