[fetchmail]Fetchmail questions....

2001-08-08 12:36:43
Hello,
   I am new to this list, and have a question on configuration...

   I am trying to configure fetchmail to grab all mail sent to
*(_at_)binaryh(_dot_)com *AND* *(_at_)*(_dot_)binaryh(_dot_)com(_dot_)
(Subdomains, too).

I have a single pop account that contains all email destined to my
domain, regardless of the username. I've tried variaous configuration
examples in the MAN file, but nothing I do worked perfectly.

Here's what's in the .fetchmailrc file:

--- begin .fetchmailrc file ---
defaults proto pop3
        user blahblah
        nokeep
        fetchall
poll host.domain.name localdomains binaryh.com:
       user username with password ----- to * here

--- end .fetchmailrc file ---

Fetchmail grabs all email correctly, but during the SMTP session with
locahost, it sends everything to "root(_at_)localhost"... not to the address
stated in the "to" line of the email.

When I have a postmaster setting in the file, everything went to
postmaster.

I also tried upgrading to fetchmail 5.8
(rpm -q fetchmail returns: fetchmail-5.8.0-1)

First off, can this be done? Secondly, how? :)

Thank you to anyone that can help!!

-Steve