[fetchmail]Lock Creation Failed on Slackware 8.0

2001-08-09 11:13:40
Hello

Just subscribed to this list with hopes someone can help me.

I can't get fetchmail to work properly on Slackware 8.0 I just
installed.  I can fetch mail as root but if I try fetching mail as a user
I get "Fetchmail: lock creation failed."

I compared the /var/lock directory permissions with those in my Slackware
7.1 machine (where fetchmail works fine for users) and they are the same.

I also tried running fetchmail from the command line (without
.fetchmailrc) and still get the same error.

In the Slackware 8.0 installation, sendmail, metamail and procmail are all
installed.  I know sendmail is working as I can send mail between users.