[fetchmail]daemon mode anomoly

2001-08-23 03:23:00
Using release 5.9.0 I just found an changed situation
In previous versions if fetchmail running in daemon mode and you issued the
simple "fetchmail" command it awakened the daemon to cycle through
the fetchmailrc file
In this version I get no servers specified.
So when I add the -f flag it checks it on line rather than re-awaken the daemon.
Now I also just found that this happens when I use an rc file that is
NOT .fetchmailrc.
When I use .fetchmailrc it finds it automatically but does not use awaken thing
- runs it on line.

I also see it will not allow access if the .fetchmailrc is permissions 640.
I question this as being a problem.
If I have a "group" login using fetchmail I believe I have a "controlled"
environment and fetchmail should work with that setting.

 Will Renkel - Motorola Test Labs & Support - REMEDY Support Team
 1501 W. Shure Drive - Arlington Heights, IL 60004
 (847) 632-4416 - Will(_dot_)Renkel(_at_)motorola(_dot_)com

"Golf and bowling are not a matter of life and death ...
     they transcend such trivial matters!"

"da little BIG DOG!"