[fetchmail]redirecting fetchmail output

2001-09-06 06:57:25
hi,

I am sorry this is a fairly basic question but I wasn't able to find any
useful information on the Net or in the man page and FAQ.

The thing is that I want to use fetchmail to clean up my my mail account by
redirecting the output to /dev/null
the most obvious way would be

fetchmail -uname mail.test.com > /dev/null

unfortunately this doesn't work the mail is still normaly delivered to Pine

I really would appreciate any help

thanks in advance and a nice day to you all
Peter

BTW: the system is red hat linux 6.0 with the kernel 2.2.5-15
and the fetchmail release is 5.0.0